Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The manuscripts is typed on A-4 portrait layout, double-spaced, with at least 2.5 cm margins. The font type used is Times New Roman throughout the manuscript and font size of 12 for the main body text.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The title page with the title of the manuscript, followed by authors’ names, address, e-mail, and indication of corresponding author
- Abstract with at most 6 key words provided
- Citations in text conforms to specifications in author guidelines
- References in text and in reference list correspond exactly
- Journal titles are given in full if known
- Tables and figures are placed near where they are first mentioned
- Metric standard international units are used
ArticlesSection default policy
Letters and viewpoints
Debates on policy issues relating to horticultural science, technology and industry; personal views and experiences relevant to important horticultural policy issues
News and reports
Horticultural science and technology breakthroughs or matters of concern anywhere, but with direct relevance to Africa.
New technologies and products
Evaluation of new horticultural products and technologies developed for or relevant to African markets.
Information on scientific conferences, training programmes, industrial exhibitions, awards of interest to the African scientific community.
Review articles should range from 3,000 to 4,000 words and extensive literature citation. Include title page, abstract, key words, introduction, literature review, discussion/application, conclusions, acknowledgements, and list of references.
Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the journal. Thus, copyright for material accepted for publication will transfer to the publisher of AJHS journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.